Something on my computer
Over the summer my laptop began to act strange. It was starting up just fine but only worked for about 5 minutes then just slowed way down to a snail's pace. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and Dell wasn't much help either. Then I came across a section in my manual that talked about restoring my computer to its original factory specs. This basically meant that when I performed this procedure, my computer would be the way it was when I got it from Dell. I was amazed that the initial setup was tucked away deep in my computer files so I backed up all my important documents on an external hard drive and performed the system dump. 10 minutes later my computer worked like a champ and hasn't had a problem since. When I was able to ask around and see why this was the case, I was told that maybe a virus was stuck in one of the files that got erased off the hard drive completely. Whatever it was was irrevelant. My laptop was back up and running.

2 Comments:
Well, restoring is the last step you want to do because then you have to backup all the files, and your cute wallpapers, screensavers, and favorite website links may be gone. In addition, some virus may be in some files you backed up. So once you copy it them back, you get the virus again...
By
Fang, at 5:45 PM
I knew about the hassles of having to back up all my files to a external hard drive but never really thought about the virus or bug being embedded in one of my documents or music files. Hopefully the antivirus cleaned the files so i don't have to restore it again
By
ChargerFan, at 3:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home